Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

i have a 2012 ford focas. the gear stick will not move into

Customer Question

i have a 2012 ford focas. the gear stick will not move into any gear . only 1st or 2nd with force. is there an easy solution
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
there ,good afternoon to you
Ok the first thing to inspect is the gear cables
I have seen cases whereby the gear cable detaches from the ball end The gear selector arm pivot
If you go under the vehicle at the passengers side front of the vehicle you will see a blavk cover held by small flick clips
Pop this cover off and inspect the gear shift cables to see if one of them has become detached as I suspect this is your concern
To resolve this issue you should have new gear cables fitted but you can re secure the cable by popping it back into the ball end and then using a suitable cable tie etc as a temp fix
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Brian