Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

can i set a speed limiter on a transit van 04 reg firsttime

can i set a speed limiter on a transit van 04 reg firsttime as it is a requirment by law and it was never set before i took it to a main dealer they told me they were unable to do so why
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
there ,good afternoon to you
In my experience you should be able to speed limit a 54 plate using fords ids software
If it states it can't do it the pcm should be updated to the latest level and then the speed limit function applyed through ids
I knoweRly transits is 01/02 possiblly 03 plates cannot have this function set using ids as the software isn't compatible and must have a retro fitted speed limit kit installed (I personally haven't firted any of these older speed limit devices /kits
I would be updating the pcm software first then re attempting the speed limiting function through ids
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Brian