Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Bonnet cable snapped I have removed the cover under rad and

Customer Question

Bonnet cable snapped
I have removed the cover under rad and can see the latch how do i release the bonnet
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response I couldn't access your question
Ok to access the bonnet when the cabke pyshicalky snaps you need to flick the bonnet latch lever from underneath the vehicle
If you remove both engine /radiator undershields then using a light look upward and then flick /push the latch arm with your finger and the bonnet will pop open
the fault is caused by corrodion on the end of the bonnet cable where it attaches to the latch
To resolve the issue you need to install a new bonnet cable (the new cable has better sealing to prevent reoccurance of the water penetration of the cable which causes the corrosion
You should also grease the cable end (about 15mm in length) for extra lubrication
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Brian