sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

I have a 2002 2.5 model. The backlight on the speedo and rev

I have a 2002 2.5 model. The backlight on the speedo and rev counter don't light up when lights are on. Also the fog light indicators aren't showing when they are on. I cant find which fuse to check, or could it be a bulb issue?
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I hope the following assists you.
The back light for the speedometer is supplied by the light switch, there are 4 bulbs for the cluster and a bulb each for the LCD. To replace the bulbs means removing the cluster which takes about half an hour.
The fog light indicators are part of the light switch and as far as I'm aware are LEDs that aren't available separate to the switch.
The fuses for the illumination are fuse 88 in the fuse box in the car and fuse 21 in the fuse box under the bonnet. If the time clock illuminates then the fuses are OK as this uses the same supply for illumination.
I hope this helps but if I can assist further let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.
Best wishes,
Sean.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Sean,

I've checked both of those fuses but they are ok. Is there anything else I should check?

Many thanks,

Paul

Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.
Hello again,
you'll need to check the bulbs in the cluster and the connector on the cluster, pin 4 of the cluster connector is the 12 volt feed for the cluster illumination. The fog light switch not lighting up is a separate fault and as I mentioned earlier the switch has LEDs that come as part of the switch.
Let me know if I can advise further.
Best wishes,
Sean.
sean, Ford Technician
Experience: Ford Master Technician.