sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

My ford transit 08 plate the doors lock with the key in the

Customer Question

My ford transit 08 plate the doors lock with the key in the ingnition can I stop this happening
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm sorry you haven't had an answer sooner, I hope the following assists you.
If the doors lock when the van is driven after first starting then the drive away locking function is enabled. This function can be disabled in the vehicle configuration but this has to be done using suitable diagnostic equipment such as Ford IDS.
Let me know if you have more questions regarding this and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.
Best wishes,
Sean.