Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

, please help. My mum has a 2010 ford s max titanium

Hello, please help.
My mum has a 2010 ford s max titanium 2.0, 1997cc automatic petrol with a mileage of 52,000. The car judders when she drives over 50 mph and it jerks when she is in start/stop traffic. She has had a gear box oil and filter change and an engine relearn done however, she has been told that she needs a new clutch pack but she is not sure she can trust the dealership that told her. Is this the case, and if so, how much would this cost her roughly?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there good afternoon to you and Iam sorry your mum is having such problems with Her PowerShift s-max
I have only ever replaced a 2 of these clutch packs personally on the 6dct450 PowerShift gearbox for similar issues ie: juddering when pulling away or under load
The clutch pack/damper are priced around £846.00+vat part number(###) ###-#### (this is an exchange unit )
And around 6 hours labour to compete the job as it is quite a big job
Before exchanging the clutch packs I always update the TCM (transmission control module ) to the latest level and relearn all the clutch /gearbox service functions ie: clutch bite point learn etc
If the juddering is still present only then I would replace the clutch packs
I would assume this has been done by your ford dealer
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Brian