Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

1600

Customer Question

am i going to get an answer or not?

Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome.

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help ... Sorry to see you have had a wait.

What is the situation with the immobiliser LED... please count the sequential flashes with the ign ON - and let me know what you have ...

When I receive your reply, I will get back to you asap thereafter -

Rgds, MIKE...............................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Around 3 seconds and when I turn the ign on it all lights up but when I go to start it I get nothing and the petrol and water light go off
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Any luck with a solution I could do with it adapt thx michael
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again Michael -

Thank you for your reply and info - My sincere apologies, I was not on Sun / Mon.. Im sorry abut that .

Ok - that sounds ok with the immobiliser.. basically, when you switch on, the immob LED should light continually for about 3 secs - then go out and stay out when you start the engine..

Now - assuming thats right.. the immob circuit must be ok... so when you say, " when I go to start I get nothing..."... what exactly is nothing.... please tell me exactly all that happens / doesn't happen...

Also , what circuit tests have you carried out?

I will be on later today -

Rgds, MIKE.................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The immobiliser flashis evry 3 seconds and when you turn the key all lights up on the instruments and when u go to start it the petroleum light go off