Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a 64 plate S max and have had work done on it, they

Customer Question

I have a 64 plate S max and have had work done on it, they must have disconnected the battery as the radio needs a code but I don't know the serial number can you help?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good afternoon to you
Ok in order for me to generate your radio code i will need the serial number of the audio unit
Most audio unit have a serial number self read function but into the unit
If you press and hold buttons 1&6 or 2&6 (older units the unit will run through a self test and should run through various displays and display the serial number
The serial number will look like this - example
V015638 or M048725
If you can get back to me with this number I will generate your radio code immediately
If the self test function doesn't work and the unit doesn't display the serial number then the audio unit needs to be removed /popped out to read the serial number from the side of the unit
sat NAV units need to removed to gain serial number
Depending on exact unit if you know what unit is fitted to yours
Kind regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a sat nav screen with the radio as part of it
Hi there thanks
Ok unfortunately the unit needs to be removed
Up until last year we had to send to Germany for codes for these units
However we can now generate the codes as per normal radio codes
There is a long number on the the side of the audio unit
I need the last 6 digits from this to generate your code
I can give you details on how to do this if you want to do it yourself
Kind regards ***** *****
Brian