Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

own a fusion 2009 TDi titanium model couple of months ago car

Customer Question

own a fusion 2009 TDi titanium model couple of months ago car broke down warning light appeared lost power garaged replaced fuel filter and gcr unit all ok ,then started getting a amber warning light on and vehicle starts to lose power been back to garage can't find anything wrong it has done this aout 4 times in last month in varying situations once engine is restarted all works ok till next time any ideas please
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome.

My name is***** happy to help / advise..

First can I ask - what mileage do you have on the car?

Also - can you give me its full VIN and / or reg number -
Please also describe exactly the light you have -

Rgds, MIKE............................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It has 41004mls on the clock ,the full reg is AM09 AWZ,and the light is an amber power train warning type.and finally i think the vin no. is wfooxxGAJO9G46728

THANK YOU

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am still waiting for an answer to my question please

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again -

Thank you very much for your reply / info.

Please accept my apologies for my delay - I wasn't on Sunday and was off yesterday unexpecteddy.

Ok - can I just confirm the vehicle with you Celia - in that the VIN you gave me wouldn't come up - I'll give you the details I have off the reg as follows - inc a corrected VIN - perhaps you confirm so that I can use the correct vehicle details... :

VIN Number: WF0UXXGAJU9G46728
Registration Number: AM09AWZ
First Registration Date: 26.08.2009

Build Date: 17.08.2009
Vehicle Line: Fiesta/Fusion 2002
Body Style: 5 Door UAV
Version: Series 45
Engine: 1.6L Duratorq TDCi (90PS) - DV6
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual Transaxle - B5/IB5
Drive: RHD FWD
Air Conditioning: Manual Air Conditioning
Territory: (+)"GB"
Paint: Panther Black (Metallic)

Finally - can you please tell me - the garage you have had the tests done at.. was this a Ford dealer or local general garage..?

I will be on later this eve to get back to you / progress once I get your reply..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.......................................

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Mike

your details are correct i couldn't make vin no out properly before as it was hard to tell wether it was a u or an o so sorry for that .My car had its check at a local very used and highly recommended garage i have always had it serviced at main dealers but at my last service was less than happy ,anyhow the thing that is strange about the fault is after the light comes on it does lose some power but as soon as i switch off and restart the engine fault disappears even if i immediately restart it.When it went to the garage no light was visible so nothing showed up.