Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

My Ford Focus car satnav/raidio has stopped working when it did I played around with the f

Customer Question

My Ford Focus car satnav/raidio has stopped working when it did I played around with the fuses under the dash and it started working then by time I could get to fords to get my code approx 3weeks it gone again no power or display what so ever also looked at the fuse in back of raidio all looks fine to me
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there good afternoon to you
Ok what unit is fitted to your vehicle
Ie 5inch touch screen with SD card or 7 inch touchscreen
Is the unit dead completly
dies it come back to life intermitently
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Fx lsrns not touch screen and it is compleatly dead it come on for a couple of weeks then has died again
Hi there
Sorry is it the 5 inch SD card unit (blaupunkt )
If you are not sure I can check using your registration number
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is the ad card bluplunkt one my reg is gf08num
Hi there thanks
Ok can you leave this with Me as I have information I need to look out regarding this issue
I just need to look into the finer details ie build dates etc
Also do you still require the code as if you do I need to send away to Germany for it
So would need you information from side of unit
Part & serial number also country it was made
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I have the raidio code got that from fords it's just strange that I pulled out and reinstalled the fuses it come on for a few weeks then has gone again thanks for your help speak soon
Hi there
Do you have the part number of the unit ie: 8c1t-18k931 - as
and also the build date (above word SALE ) ie: 06 08 10
Regards Brian
Hi there good evening to you
Ok I have been looking into our audio unit issue the reason I nedded done time was there was certain audio units suffering from issues similar to yours where by bosh /blaupunkt were replacing units free of charge unfortunately you 3.5 inch SD card sat nav unit isn't one of the units affected
The next test would be to check the powers and earths at the audio unit with the fault present (the checks should be done with the multiplug connected
The wiring is as follows
12 volts + at pins 15&16 of the audio unit multiplug
Earths at pins 11&12
If the feeds and grounds are ok then the fault will lie internal of the audio unit
As if you have power and earths at the plug it can only be the component that is the issue
As you said you played about with fuses
The fuses thst supply the audio unit are fuses 112&108 at the fuse box under the glove box
These dudes boxes suffered from moisture ingress internally which can cause electrical issues
This will be more if you don't have power to the unit
Kind regards ***** *****
Brian