Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

On my transit, the light on the dash is saying that there is

Customer Question

On my transit, the light on the dash is saying that there is a door open, but I have slammed all the doors shut. But it is still saying there is a door open, also when I try too lock it the horn goes off to indicate that there is a door open but all the doors still lock!! It is a 2007 crew cab tipper. Can you please help.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there ,good evening to you
Ok the fault will lie with one of the front door latches (more commonly the passengers one )
There is 2 switches inside each latch
A door ajar switch (if this was faulty the locks would recycle )
As all your doors lock the ajar switches are ok
The second switch is a door lock reset/set switch this tells the vehicles BCMii(body control module ) that the latch is in locked / unlock position
What you find is one of the latches is telling the BCMii that The latch is constantly locked and constantly sending an earth to the BCMii thus why you get the tooting when you lock the doors
We use datalogger (live data ) to visuslly check the signals from each latch to the BCMii to determine what latch is at fault
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are completley satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Does it not have anything to do with the battery being disconnected. Also when I put my side lights on the dash board light shows that my fog light is on.
Hi there
Ok dissconnecting the battery will not affect the door locking /set/reset signals
The fault is down to one of the latches sending incorrect information to the BCMii
Your fog light issue will most commonly be down to a back - feed in the rear light clusters (water/moisture ingress into the bulb holders) this causes a backfed voltage which causes the indicator on the dash to illuminate
Kind Regards
Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how much is a new door latch!!
Hi there
From memory i think they are around £100 but I would need to clarify this with my parts department
Second latches will be a much cheaper repair
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you just get them repaired!!
Hi there
I have never heard of anyone repairing the interbal switches of the match as the latch body is riveted together
We always just teplace the faulty component /latch
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it something I can do my self!!
Hi there
Ok to replace the door latch (faulty component ) )
You need to strip the door panel assembly off and the strip the interior of the door down tobremove the latch
It would be up to yourself as to how confident you are with this type of work
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The Indicator on dash saying the fog light is on when lights are on side light mode, you are saying this could just be water getting in to the light cluster!!
Yes the rear light clusters suffer from moisture /corrosion on the holders causing all sorts of issues with the Lightning systems
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will it need a new cluster or would cleaning it sort it out!!
Depending on how bad the corrosion is you can most commonly getaway with cleaning it up
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What is the the best way to clean it!!
I usally use a small wire brush and some wd-40
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Back to the door latch, how would I know which one was faulty, is there any tests I could do.
Hi there
We use a live data screening of the BCMii to see the set/reset set positions of each latch
It may be possible to check these signals using a digital multimeter but I would have to look deeper into this ie through the relavent wiring diagrams