Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

How to open N/S front door on my Mondeo Ghia 2004 as it is

Customer Question

How to open N/S front door on my Mondeo Ghia 2004 as it is stuck all the time.
PLease can you help me
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good afternoon to you
Ok does the remote locking /unlocking work all doors unlock lock as they should
I assume you can't open the nsf door from inside or outside yes
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Sir

The remote controle open and close all the doors from inside or out side the car but the N/S front dont open at all from inside or outside the

car, Hope this will help ????

Yours

G.R.Duviau

Hi there Mr Duviau , Thanks
Ok the isdue lies internal of the passengers door latch the latch has failed internally
Not allowing the latch to come out of the deadlock (double locked ) postion
The only way to resolve this issue is to fit a new passengers door latch
The problem you have is gaining access to the latch from inside the vehicle and opening the door thus to replace the latch
This involves removing the door panel from inside with the door shut. And involved breaking a few clips here or there but it is the only way (I always unbolt or remove the front seat to make more room
Once the inner panel is removed you can peel back the foam membrane to see the door latch
You then need to drill /pyshicaly open the latch up to gain access to the internal mechanisim this can be time consuming
Once you can get to the internals of the latch then you can flick the dead lock lever manually and open the door
This is not a straight forward job
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Brian