Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Ford Mondeo Titanium X TDCTI 140 2010 With car ticking

Ford Mondeo Titanium X TDCTI 140 2010
With car ticking over engage 1st gear bring the revs up to 2000 then the revs fluctuate up and down. When changing from first to second the revs shoot up. I have had this looked at but cannot get the problem fixed.
Any idea's on what this can be?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there good afternoon to you
Ok I have had very similar faults on mondeo mk4 tdci
In my experience we have to start with a process of elimination as I assume there is no codes logged
The first thing that should be done is to have the pcm updated to the latest level and the parameters /KAM reset using fords ids as this needs to be ruled out as part of the preliminary diagnostics
And is always the first thing we do as if there is a software /mapping issue no parts will resolve the issue
If the fault persists the clutch pedal and throttle pedal should be monitored using a live datalogger test as this allows the technician to visualky see the signals of the relavent sensors /potentiometers
The fuel pressure should also be monitored with present incase of unacounted fluctuations of the pressure
Kind regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Brian,thank you very much, i just noticed i wrote 2000 revs it should have been 1000 revs where the problem starts, would that make any difference to the answer?

Regards,

Sandy.

Hi there Sandy ,good evening to you
I deal with all types of weird/diagnostic faults & issues in my workshop
And with these types of isdue we always start with a pcm update as a preliminary part of Diagnostic
As this is the best Methodical practice
As the last thing you want to do is start throwing unneeded parts at the vehicle causing you unessecary cost
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue Sandy please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Brian