Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

there I have a problem with my ford mondeo 1.8 tdci zetec

Customer Question

Hi there I have a problem with my ford mondeo 1.8 tdci zetec ,I have no dashboard lights ,no speedometer,all lights on exterior of vehicle are working as they should be ,what would be the problem would you have any idea
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good evening to you
Ok what model and year of ford do you have
Is the cluster /dash completely dead
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi my name is ***** ***** dashboard is dead ,radio ,and fan heater are working and illuminated,my car is a mondeo 1.8tdci zetec reg no SD59 CNV

Hi there mark Thanks
Ok just to confirm the vehicle starts /runs ok
Everything electrical is working ok only the dash is completely dead (nothing happening at all )
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes that's right but the speedometer not working either and the fuel gauge appears to be stuck ( not working either) ,also all the lights for the gadgets on steering wheel not working either

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

gallachar99 Brian are you having any joy with my problem regards mark.

Hi mark sorry for the delay I couldn't access your reply there
Ok in my experience if this issue I would suspect a high speed can bus wiring fault (this is two wire data network connection between the cluster and other vehicle modules
There is a wiring loom that runs along the drivers side door trim area and up the side of the dash
There is a splice joint and other points on this loom that are prone for corrosion
Sometimes it looks visuslly ok once the insulation is stripped back but a slight tug can break the wiring
If you can remove these trims and have a check of the wires (the can wires are twisted together )
From memory its the White & white/ blue wire that is the issue
If you can have a check of this firstly
Then we can continue as we really need to carry out wiring checks at the cluster to check for feeds /earths and can bus communication wires
But in my experience the isdue will be corroded wires in this area causing the issue
As you will understand mark it's more difficult to diagnose this type of fault online but
Have a look here first then we can carry out further wiring checks (with digital multimeter )
At the cluster
I can take you through the various checks we need to doon regards ***** ***** /earths and can wiring
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
And once again sorry for the delay
We can continue in this same post mark even after rating
Brian
I