Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

i have a ford transit 06 2.2 mxb meduim roof i drive my

Customer Question

hi i have a ford transit 06 2.2 mxb meduim roof i drive my van steady then woke up went out to start van would not start had to jump start it few months later i arrived at a job off loaded the van yet again van would not start needed jump start both times the radio needed reset and was a clicling nose wen trying to start but was like the battery was dead both times
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there good evening to you
Ok your symptoms are what I would expect to see from a bad cell (internal of the battery )
Ie: switch off vehicle after driving it and then try to restart it but clicking noise when trying to start indicates battery voltage below 10.5 volts on crank
The fact it started with a jump start from the battety indicates a faulty battery
I would have the battery replaced to resolve this issue
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's starting ok now but it has happened 3 times all together is it normal for it to start ok now

Hi there
When you jump starred it was it from the battery as stated or was it under the bonnet at jump points
Regards Brian