Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I need to eject my sat nav DVD . It's asking me code

I need to eject my sat nav DVD .
It's asking me for a code , the only code I have is the radio code , and that's not the right one .
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there good afternoon to you and sorry for the delay
Ok when the correct radio code is entered the disc will come out this must be the wrong code you have
I can check and generate the correct code for your sat nav unit but will require the last 6 digits of the serial number
this is located on the side of the sat nav unit
The unit needs to be popped out to access the serial number
If you can get me these 6 digits I can generate your code immediately
Regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will have to take it to ford I don't want to try poping it out I will proberly damage it , the code I have tried is the radio code that's written in the front of the books in the car .
Hi there
It may be case it has the wrong handbook in the pack as this is something we come across all the time
Thus if it's the wrong code the cd won't eject
What is your purpose of ejecting the cd (fault )?
Kind regards ***** *****
Brian
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience: SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is nothing wrong with the cd or the whole unit
the sat nav DVD need upgrading , but I can't do it , cos it won't let me eject it without a code , I can't see if being the paper work , cos the car was brought new from ford , and the owner who brought it from ford sold it to me a year ago and I have spoken to the old owner
Hi there
I have ejected many of these discs with no issues therefore we would firstly need to confirm this is the correct code
You can try dissconnecting the battery for 5-10 minutes or pulling fuses 6&7 in the fuse box under the glove box to reset the unit
You will therefore be promoted for the radio code when repowering the unit
Regards ***** *****
Brian