Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

i was in conversation with someone i paid my deposut and now

i was in conversation with someone i paid my deposut and now you wont give me acsess to the answer he gave
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there thanks for replying
Ok if the engine is shuddering /hesitating when pulling away then l would firstly inspect the ignition system
Remove the plug leads and inspect in these ports for any water as these engines were prone to core plugs leaking coolant onto the spark plugs
If there is no water is there excessive brown rust in this area which indicates the washer jets letting rain water into the spark plug areas
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
We can continue to communicate on this same post
Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

first problem , i got cut off during our last conversation and have now paid twice for this so i would like this second amount to be repaid. the plugs appear fine as it is starting fist time, i will check them though , unfortunately the car is not with me at the moment . If the plugs were ok would it have something to do with the throttle body ?

Hi there yes no worries I will forward to my admin team who will sort this for you
The throttle body dies control the idle but if there is any fault with the throttle body you should have EAC appear in the dash as this is what gappend when the throttle body cant control the idle and leaves a code if P1276 -
And you normally get a hunting idle not just a straight cut out
Has the fuel pressure been measured also with the fault present in case of a blocked filter or lazy pump
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i see no the fuel pressure has not been measured would it take a mechanic to measure this? it is a straight cut out , would that be a petrol filter ? is it possible to check if the pump is 'lazy' , if so gallagher i would i assume have to as k a gagrage to check these issues ?

Hi there
The fuel pressure can be measured using a diagnostic fuel pressure gauge
All garages will have this equipment this will check for a lazy pump is not enough pressure to sustain idle
The filter is located at the rear fuel tank area and should be replaced every 75,000 miles
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i will get the fuel pressure checked that is the first step, can the fuel filter be checked without taking the fuel tank out , if it is i can get that checked too.at the same time and then take it from there,

Hi there
Yes the fuel filter can be replaced without removing the tank
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks i will address these issues first and then take it from there

thanks for this help it will start the ball rolling

bob