sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

ive got a 55 transit that broke down whilst driving, wouldn't

ive got a 55 transit that broke down whilst driving, wouldn't start again put in new starter and battery. there was what I presume to be a fused link beside engine fuse box, ive repaired that. at the moment ive got no power to the dash and the body of van seems too be positive rather than negative. reckon its a short but cant find one no other fuses have blown
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I hope the following assists you.
The fusible link you refer to next to the fuse box is a jump start positive contact. The main fusible link for the van is in the earth lead from the battery to the body under the driver's seat so start with checking this, if it has blown then the lead should be replaced.
The most common cause of this is a faulty starter motor so as this has been replaced this may point to the link blowing.
Start with this, let me know if I can give further advice and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.
Best wishes,
Sean.