Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

i have a ranger limited 2013 plate, my full beam has stopped

i have a ranger limited 2013 plate, my full beam has stopped working. it says on the manual it is fuse 74(20amp) but the fuse is ok. when I take the fuse out normal beam still working is this right
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response
Just to confirm that the bulbs have been checked and are ok as its not uncommon for customers to only notice once both are out
I have looked through the wiring diagrams for your vehicle to get s better insight to were the fault lies
Ok fuse 74(20amp ) only supplies the internal main beam relay nothing else so the low beam will still operate
These newer fords don't have fuses fitted to protect the light circuits the BCMii is a very clever module
Basically if you haves short circuit eye where by normally it would blow the fuse these don't they log a code and stop any output voltage being applied to the said bulbs until the vode is cleared it is very clever
The BCMii receives the input signal from the switch at connector 3 pin 5 (white/orange )
It then activates the high beam relay which is internal of this module
The Bcmii then sends the power to the high beam bulbs from connector 6 - pins 10&11 to headlight pins 1 on each headlight
This fault could be down to a faulty relay inside the bcmi or it might just need reset /codes cleared
As this is a 13 plate it should still be in warranty I can clarify this for you but will need the registration number
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

where is the best place on the web to get a electrical layout for this vehicle

Hi there I will try to post a set up if the wiring diagram
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience: SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE