Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

shuddering when starting on hill,galaxy tdci power shift,110000.00

Customer Question

shuddering when starting on hill,galaxy tdci power shift,110000.00 miles,any suggestions
Category: Ford
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

I'd agree that it could be a failing DMF

If your gearstick is rattling this is another pointer to this being the problem.

you also get a 'ting' noise on gearshifts with a worn DMF

I'd also check for worn mountings - check the tightness of the engine and gearbox mounts and their condition - this is best done by using a jack to take the weight of the engine off the mounts and seeing if any cracks or splits open up in the rubber.Also check the tightness of the mounts bolts

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thankyou for reply,I'm hoping its the engine or gearbox mounts obviously! It seems odd because gearbox was replaced 30000.00 miles ago. It seems very small mileage for new gearbox to do before going again.Last week engineer who sorted particulate filter problem said he thought it was engine mounts,so hope he's the one who's right.

Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

the DMF isn't part of the gearbox , its a part on its own so its unlikely to have been replaced with the gearbox I'm afraid
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
hi

do you still need help with this?