Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

How do I get more power from my ford 76 tractor, the agitator

Customer Question

How do I get more power from my ford 76 tractor, the agitator kills it and the engine got a complete overhaul last year
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

1st thing to look at is the exhaust system, going up 1/2 an inch on diameter will usually help and also ensure the silencers are in good condition and not blocked and ideally replace with the 'straight through' type that relies on a good sized silencer box to dissapate the sound energy

also replace the air filter with a high flow element - K &N or pipercross make good parts

then consider having the injector pump rebuilt to increase the line pressure - as getting more fuel in shoudl really help

I've used this firm in the past for all sorts of diesel pump repairs

http://www.dieselbob.co.uk/
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

do you still need help with this?