Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

ford focus 08 titanium petrol traction control light staying

ford focus 08 titanium petrol traction control light staying on abs light going out ok abs seems to be working can I disarm traction control
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there good morning to you
Ok your fault lies with a faulty brake pressure sensor (very common on the (mk60) ABS/ESP pump fitted to the focus /focus st this is why you get fault code c1288 -brake pressure sensor circuit
This brings on the traction control light not the abs light
A diagnostic fault code check will clarify this
The Brake pressure sensor is located inside the ABS/ESP pump And cannot be changed seperatley
Ok the ABS /ESP pump can be unbolted from the ABS module (you do NOT need to replace the full unit as I suspect this is what Most people assume
The ABS /ESP. pump. Now costs £165 +vat and takes around 2 hours to fit bleed and configure the internal sensors of The pump
Ford reduced the price as there was so many problems with them
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are completley satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Brian