Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

2012 ford transit 2.2 front wheel drive oil light came on engine

Customer Question

2012 ford transit 2.2 front wheel drive oil light came on engine seized removed 1 big end and 1 connecting rod everything looks OK why won't it turn?
It won't turn forwards or backwards what do you think is wrong?
Regards,
Pat
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Pat,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good evening to you
Do you still require assistance with this issue
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I solved that problem as I did not hear back from you

I have another question I have a '07 ford transit 2.2 front wheel drive I put a 2012 engine into it How do I get the glow plugs to work

Thanks,

Pat

Hi pat thanks
Was the engine fault due to oil pump failure
I will have to look through the wiring diagrams of the vehicles as the set up is a bit different but will do this and get back to you
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes it was oil pump failure it seized on 1 bearing

Regards,

Pat

Thanks pat
The reason I asked is that a batch of transits have a recall regarding oil pump failure if you would like me to check you vin /chassis number
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks but unfortunately I bought the engine from a breakers

Pat

No worries pat
I just thought it would be worth checking
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Brian,

Just a quick email to see have you an answer to my question?

Thanks,

Pat

Sorry pat I have been off my work but will look back to the glow plug concern for you tomorrow
Sorry for any inconvenience caused
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Brian,

Still waiting an answer to my question on the 3rd April?

Any up date please

Regards,

Pat

Hi there pat good afternoon to you and sorry for the extended delay as I have been off work
Ok the 2007 2.2 fwd drive transit van glow plug system. Works as follows
The glow plug relay R2 in the (EJB)engine fuse box is fed at pins 1&3 pin 3 is fed from fuse 15(60amp)
The earth is sent from the PCM to pin 2 to energise the relay and the feed to the glow plug leaves the dejay at pin 5 and splices off
One to the glow plugs and one to the PCM through fuse 27(10amp)
Hopefully this will assist you in carrying out a few tests
Once again sorry for the delay
Kind regards ***** *****
Brian