Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a 2008 fiesta 1.25 the fan runs all the time from start

I have a 2008 fiesta 1.25 the fan runs all the time from start up for a couple of miles it's off, then it's on all the time. However when the ignition is switched off the fan stops...is the sender faulty, and fails safe. eg on. Thanks Paul
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there Paul ,good evening to you
Ok the most common cause if this is a wiring issue at the ECT sensor (located under the ignition coil pack
What tends to happen is the wiring breaks due to it being too taught but it's most commonly right close to the multiplug (grey 2 pin multiplug )
If you wiggle this plug and check if any difference is made as this issue is a fail safe mode by the pcm as the ect circuit is open thus bringing the fan on
The only other issue I have seen csuse this on the 1.25 is a faulty air con pressure sensor shorting out causing the pcm to bring the fan on as it thinks the air con is on
But the most common is the wiring at the ECT sensor
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue Paul please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Brian