Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I want to make the 12v socket permanently live on my ford

Customer Question

I want to make the 12v socket permanently live on my ford transit.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Im sorry to see you have had a wait.. I can help you with this.

If you go to the wire that feeds the cig lighter itself at the rear of the cig lighter - the centre one - you can either trace that wire back to the fuse box and cut it - change t from there ( you will see the cig lighter fuse marked in the fuse box )... and then re route it using a in line fuse to either a permanent live at the base of the fuse box - or, simply the other side of the fuse that you have identified as the cig lighter fuse - that side being its perm supply.

Or you can run it from the battery pos - but that as above is the easiest way.

Let me know if you need anything else at all.. If you do get back to me, I will get back to you asap thereafter.

Meantime , please do now at this point, click on the "Excellent ratings" for me... I really appreciate that and Thank you....

Kind Rgds, MIKE..