Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a Ford Fiesta Style 1.25 litre registered in 2008.

I have a Ford Fiesta Style 1.25 litre registered in 2008. I bought it almost three years ago and it has been running well up to now. It has done 41,362 miles on the clock and has a full tank of petrol. This morning I tried to start the car without success. On switching the ignition the dashboard lit up as usual but the engine and battery warning lights stayed on. The oil warning light went out. The radio, demister and headlights all work. I would be grateful for any advice you can offer.
Regards,
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there good afternoon to you
Ok from your description of the fault this first thing to be checked would be the starter motor
As if nothing is happening when you turn the key the power. To the starter motor must be checked
You can try bump starting the car as this is an indication if the vehicle starts you have a starter motor issue
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Brian