Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Brain, We have 2008 ford mondeo in the garage with has a

Hi Brain, We have 2008 ford mondeo in the garage with has a lack of power problem. We have carried out an engine diagnostic which reveals the following fault codes:-
P2262 turbo/super charge boost performance
P1335 EGR Position sensor minimum stop performance
P115A Low Fuel Level - Forced Limited Power
P0087 Fuel Rail/System Pressure too low
The first thing we did was replace the egr valve as we know these are a common fault but it made no difference. The funny thing is the codes when erased return straight away even without starting the engine. We have checked turbo pipes etc and found no tears or deterioration, removed the exhaust and inlet pipes from the turbo and found no play in the turbine itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Kayne
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there kayne good afternoon to you
Ok what engine is fitted to the Mondeo 1.8tdci
Is there just no boost when accelerating
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Brian, Its a 2.0 tdci and yes theres no boost when accelerating

Hi there thanks
Ok if you go under the vehicles by look at the turbo when you start the car does the actuator arm get drawn upward
As this is a vacuum controlled variable vane turbo
If the arm isn't getting drawn upward remove the thin vacuum hose and see if any vacuum is present
You can also connect s miti vac to the turbo and draw a vacuum to see if the arm moves
I have replaced a few diaphragms on these turbos (avaiable seperately ) from the turbo
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Any positive feedback or bonuses are greatly appreciated
We can continue on this same post
Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Brian, we have fitted a vacuum tester to the the diaphragm and it holds pressure about 1 in 6 times. Should it be pulling the arm in everytime is vacuum is applied?
Hi kayne
Ok if you pump your miti vac or run a good vacuum to this diaphragm the arm should be drawn in and held
If you have vacuum at the hose but the arm isn't moving then I would susoect a faulty vacuum diaphragm
This is secure by 2 bolts to the turbo and can be bought seperatly
You should ha r a constant vacuum at the turbo vacuum hose at idle
Regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have contacted my local for dealer who are trying to sell me a complete turbo. Do you have the part number for the vacuum unit?
Hi there kayne
Ok I have just double checked our part concern and the diaphragm is only avaiable seperatly on vehicles built after 3/2010 for the 2.0tdci
I don't know why this is as the turbos should be the same
Sorry for any inconvenive
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, we have just checked for vacuum at the rubber pipe and there's is none on start up
Hi there
Ok if you have no vacuum with engine running you need to check the pipework between turbo and vacuum control bakve (brown valve 2pin valve on the ns of engine bay )
There is two of these do you can swap them to test operation
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I know which ones you mean and we have pulled the pipes off at the motor and there seems to be no suction coming from either unit. What power should I be looking for to these motors?
These valves will have 12 volts at one side and a pulse width controlled earth to operate the valve
You need to have a vacuum supply in to the valve for it to work correctly
Regards Brian
Hi kayne , good evening to you
How did you get on with our turbo issue
Kind regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Brian, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. It ended up being a clogged up inlet manifold which wasn't supplying the vacuum. Cleaned the manifold and it now boosts normally however we now have a situation where the engine seems to be bunny hopping, the fault codes read:-
Limited power due to low fuel level.
In your experience is that normal?
Hi there thanks
Ok at least we have resolved the turbo issue as a poor vacuum concern isn't one I have came across on this engine most commonly a solenoid or diaphragm issue
I assume there is plenty of fuel in vehicle yet this still appears
The limted power dtc can be caused by consistent signal drop in fuel pressure possibly caused by a partially blocked fuel filter or fuel supply issue
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue kayne please let me know
If you have been Completely satisfied with my answer /advice throughout our diagnosis
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Brian