Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I recently changed the injector seals on my 03 1.4tdci Fusion. I refitted the battery &am

I recently changed the injector seals on my 03 1.4tdci Fusion. I refitted the battery & tried to start the engine. It cranked over a couple of times then stopped. All i got afterwards was the starter solenoid clicking. I removed the starter motor, stripped & cleaned it. Replaced it but with the same result, just the solenoid clicking. I have fitted a new starter motor & made sure that the battery is charged but I'm still just getting the solenoid clicking, no turning over of engine. Is it the immobiliser? Does the key need re-coding?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there ,good evening to you
I see your question is still open
Do you still require assistance
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I'm still waiting for an answer to my question. Thanks. Steve.

Hi there Steve ,good evening to you
Ok have you tried to attach jump leads as your symptoms indicate a fault with the battery itself under load (crank )
If the voltage at crank drops under 10.5 volts the vehicle will either click the starter or turn a few times then stop depending on how low the voltage goes
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As I've already stated the battery was & is sufficiently charged. (12.8v).

Hi there
The battery voltage may show 12.8 volts over the battery but what is it showing on crank over the battery as if it stops below 10.5 volts this concern will occur
As I have seen cases of this turning over and stopping where by attacking jump leads allows the vehicle to start thus indicating the battery is the issue
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I shall take a reading tomorrow in the daylight & get back to you. Thanks.

Hi there
No worries I look forward to your response
As I metioned the symptoms you have are of a battery voltage /drop issue on crank
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Brian

It was indeed a voltage drop when under load. I'm embarrassed that I didn't think of this myself as I am an electrician!
I just hope the clouds of black smoke coming out of the exhaust disappear after its been running for a while & the ECU sorts itself out.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,

Steve

Hi Steve good afternoon to you
No worries Iam glad my advice assisted you with this issue as this is something that is overlooked commonly
If you ever need any future help or technical assistance with your vehicle please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you
If you have been Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Brian
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience: SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE