Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Mate . i have 1.6 2009 tdci fiesta , just changed fuel

hello mate . i have 1.6 2009 tdci fiesta , just changed fuel filter , didnt think it needed priming so guess wot , wont start . if i have emptied fuel pump now how do i fix it
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there good evening To you and sorry for the delay I couldnt access your question
Ok basically the system has ran dry and is now full of air
The only way to resolve this is To prime the fuel system when fitting new fuel filters the fuel system needs to be primed using a one way hand primer (bulb) with hoses attached in each side
One end connects to the outlet port of the fuel filter housing and the other end into a container/ bottle
The hand primer must be pumped until the filter is completely full of diesel then the pipe can be reconnected and the engine started
In most cases the engine will start and run but in some cases the engine will again cut out
In these cases we leave the hand primer connected between the fuel filter and fuel supply pipe to the pump and continue to pump it until engine starts and leave the primer connected inline and leave idling for a minute or two then quickly dissconnect the hand primer and connect the fuel pipes to the fuel filter
These engines will not start with continued cranking as there is no lift pump in the fuel tank to deliver fuel to the fuel pump /engine
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Brian