Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

ThereI have recently bought a ford KA 1.3 January 2008

Hi there I have recently bought a ford KA 1.3 January 2008 model. The heater, when the car is warm, is constantly on hot, even when its off. I have googled this and it looks like it is most likely be the control valve. I have ordered one, would this be easy to fit? Have you a listing of mechanics who could do this for me - i live in CV9 North Warwickshire, thanks Jane also my cigarette lighter isnt working to charge up my phone or electronic cigarette,would that require a replacement unit and if so, how easy is that to fit.

Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there Jane good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response
Ok 9/10 times the issue is a faulty heater valve
the heater control valve has 2 wire going to it
it has a 12 volt feed on the violet/black wire ( this is powered from fuse 13 ( 15amp)
this is located in the CJB ( just under the steering wheel to the right handside )
also ensure that fuse 2 ( 7.5amp) in the CJB is ok as this powers the heater control panel ,
the heater control valve is controlled/opened using a variable earth from pin 5 at the heater control panel to pin 2 at the heater control valve ( black/green)
if the heater control valve has been replaced then i would rule this out
the easiest way to check if the heater control panel/wiring to the heater control valve is working is to dissconnect the multiplug and connect either a noid light or a circuit tester ( using a paper clip etc)
and put the temperature dial to the middle ( the light should pulse )
if you turn the dial to fully hot the light will either go out if you put the dial to cold it will stay on constant
as with
Also if the heater valve you have ordered is NON FORD. There may be the an issue as I have seen the pins being too short in the new non ford heater valve to connect to the multiplug this gives you a constant hot air fault
Your cigar light issue is most commonly a blown fuse
The fuse is fuse 5(15amp-blue ) located in the fuse box at the right hand lower side of the steering wheel
There are a few garages in Warwickshire possibly your closest is
Atherstone garage *****
CV9 2QZ
if you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
if you are completley satisfied with my answer/advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Brian
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience: SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks Brian:)