Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have put a 6 speed box in my transit and it's starts but

Customer Question

I have put a 6 speed box in my transit and it's starts but will not run
Category: Ford
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

1st thing to check isif the vehicle speed sensor is plugged in, as I think its a different plug between the 2 boxes

also then check to see if the crank speed sensor on the engine ( that points at the flywheel) hasn't been damaged or the wire to it is also undamaged

if this is OK then it

may have developed an air leak on the fuel supply pipe from the tank to the engine. The engine has no separate lift pump and relies on the built in one in the injection pump. If a leak has developed on the fuel suction pipe then air entering the system will air lock the pump.
Try pumping up the fuel using the hand pump in the engine bay on the filter housing, then crack off / loosen each injector pipe in turn while cranking the engine and getting an assistant to operate the primer. This will expel air from the injection side and the engine should fire up. The problem will be cured by checking the supply pipe along its length for signs of leakage and repairing any you find.

If you daub each pipe joint with heavy grease and the issue goes away then wipe the grease away one at a time to highlight the problem joint

Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

do you still need help?