Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Mondeo tdci loud screeching noise at about 30mph

Customer Question

mondeo tdci loud screeching noise at about 30mph when iv gone up through the gears and drive steady in 5th gear the noise stops until i have to change gear and accelerate again

Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi shantal yes i would still like assistance please thank you

Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialties differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hello

if the noise only occurs in 5th then its very likely to be an internal fault with the gearbox I'm afraid

I'd suggest draining off the oil and as it drains, then strain it through some paper towel to catch any debris

this will provide more information - if you find large metal pieces ( bigger thatn 1mm or so) then the box is very likely to be scrap
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help?