Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My 2004Ford Focus zetec max auto keeps saying transmission

Customer Question

My 2004Ford Focus zetec max auto keeps saying transmission malfunction? I think it probably needs a new gearbox! If that was the case how much would that cost?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

what I'd suggest 1st is to get the car plugged into a diagnostic device that can read off the stored fault code and give you a better idea of the fault

as its quite possible that it can be repaired - sometimes just an oil flush is all thats required

if it does need a new gearbox thenthe most cost effective repair would be to source a good used unit and replace the whole thing
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your advice! I have booked my car in.for a diagnostics and I am hoping it just need an oil flush!
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Glad to help