Robert
Robert, Ford Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have a Ford Mondeo Zetec 2011 2.0l. Today I topped up my

I have a Ford Mondeo Zetec 2011 2.0l. Today I topped up my windscreen washer and when I shut the bonnet I heard an alarm with a warning icon and a message informing me that my bonnet was open I checked and checked to see if this was the case and the bonnet was shut. I would be grateful if you could advise me what the problem is.
***** *****ward
Category: Ford
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi..there..

Quite a common fault on these and normally its down to the inbuilt microswitch on the latch itself that causes the problems of causing the bonnet open message/light to stay on..if you get access directly under the latch you see a small plug plugged into the latch..that the wiring for the bonnet open switch in the latch...you can try unplugging it and then check the pins are ok and clean..aswell as spray some wd-40 into the latch itself and see if that helps remedy the fault..or you can remove that small plug under the latch and bridge the pins on the plug with a small bit of wire or paper clip and wrap up in insulation tape as temporary measure - until the latch is replaced as thats about the only fix if the wd-40 trick above doesn't rectify the problem...I do hope this helps

Robert, Ford Technician
Experience: Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK