Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a Ford kuga 59 plate yesterday engine malfunction

Hi I have a Ford kuga 59 plate yesterday engine malfunction light came on then changed to acceleration decreased with a yellow light of a car almost skidding best way I can explain it .this morning engine malfunction message comes up but car will not start and immobilser flashing fast
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response
As this is the Immobilsor light that flashes on the dash we can carry out a self test to have a better idea of the fault
I assume when the ignition is on its flashing rapidly (faster than normal )
When you put ignition on The light should come on solid for 3 seconds then go out this is the self test passing
If it starts flashing rapidly then this means you have an Immobilsor active issue
What to do is leave the light flashing rapidly for 1 minute then watch the light as it will emit a flash code ie: 1 Flash - PAUSE - 5 flashes = flash code 15
If you can check this code and let me know I can advise you further
Kind regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi the code I'm getting is flash code 16

Hi there , good evening to you
Ok your fault is caused by a loss of communication between the pcm and cluster
The fault can be the cluster , the pcm or the 2 CAN. Bus wires between them
The instrument cluster is the gateway between the high and mid speed can bus communications systems (data network ) thus is the more common fault
This can bus systems controls the various electronic control components of the vehicle
Firstly I always carry out a network test using ids diagnostic software with the fault present to see if the the cluster speaks to the diagnostic tester
In most cases we find the cluster doesn't communicate but the pcm does (this rules out all wiring between the dlc plug and pcm thus leaving the cluster as the only component left
If you can't speak to the pcm then across pins 6&14 of the doc plug should be 60ohms (ignition off )
This indicates the wiring is ok between dlc and PCM and cluster
If this is. Ok and the PCM isn't communicating then the feeds and earths at PCM must be checked
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are completley satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Brian
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience: SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE