sean
sean, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Technician.
31670004

Just changed the fuel filter on my 2011 transit and it won't

Customer Question

Hi just changed the fuel filter on my 2011 transit and it won't start . It has even stopped turning over and coming up engine malfunction.any explanation
Category: Ford
Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.

Hello, I hope the following assists you. If the fuel filter is replaced then the fuel system needs to be bled as there is no electric fuel pump on this model. The engine system failure message may be either to no fuel pressure or a blown fuse. If the engine won't turn over check that the 12 volt switch to the starter is operating, if there is 12 volts here then check the main starter cable and earth wire, if these are OK it's a starter motor failure. If you've been trying to start the van by constantly cranking the engine it can damage the starter motor. If there is no 12 volt feed to the switched wire then check the fuses for the engine management, the starter is controlled by the engine management if a fuse blows this will stop the starter operating and give an engine malfunction message. Start with these points, let me know if I can advise further and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.

Best wishes,

Sean.