Robert
Robert, Ford Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

My rear right window on my ford focus has fallen down and although

Customer Question

My rear right window on my ford focus has fallen down and although I can lift it to the closed position it then gradually falls back, leaving the window open Is this something I can fix myself or do I need to take it to a dealer?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there..

Its more than likely that the window regulator has failed or the mounting part to which the window is fixed to the regulator has broken - both results in having to replace the regulator for that door im afraid - but to see whats actually happened or to replace even your going to have to get that door panel off to see whats happened - details of how to below..and then observe the mountings to which the regulator is fixed to the door..you need to have somebody else to move the window up or down to attach it to the replacement unit or tape the window in the up position to remove and install before re-attaching the window to it..Its a fiddly job but if you have done them before then it should be straight forward.if not then you need to take your time with it - or pretty much buy another regulator for that door and seek a local reputable mobile tech or even your local garage to fit it in..doesnt have to be the dealer to sort this type of thing out..and the dealer will always be the most expensive time wise plus they will only fit a new one in..where as you could opt to get a second hand working one put in at a fraction of the cost.. maybe try this site to see which garages are local to you .. www.goodgaragescheme.co.uk