Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a ford transit connect 2008 1.8. 2 Issues over

I have a ford transit connect 2008 1.8.
2 Issues over heating of the glow plug wiring loom, and on long journeys engine warning light comes on and engine goes into limp mode and will not allow the engine to rev greater than 3,000 RPM.
I cannot find anyone to give a repair period or cost.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response
Ok the glow plug wire overheating will be caused by 1 or more faulty glow plugs
The reason behind this is that the glow plugs send a back fed resistance to the PCM to switch the relay off what we find happens is the glow plugs are being supplied by a constant voltage if around 7-9 volts this is due to a glow plug or more being down
I would remove the glow plugs and test them over a battery (with a good pice of wire ) to see what one s are faulty
You can usally see the tips are black thus not working
I always replace them
As a full set
In regards to the glow plug warming lamp flashing /limp home being brought on mode the most common cause of this on the connect is an internal short in one of the injectors
A diagnostic fault code check must be carried out to clarify what fault code is logged in the PCM as without the relavent code it's all guess work thus why it's imperative to correctly diagnosing this issue
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Brian