Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Just swapped out a 2002 Ford KA control valve as only

Customer Question

Hi - just swapped out a 2002 Ford KA control valve as only hot air was coming through... but we still have the same problem.

Old one was 98FU 18495 AB (19/06)

New type is 7N21 18495 AB (27/13)

Wondering if a fuse controls this, but nothing obvious on the pull out panel to denote which one? No voltage at the connector at all.

...............

hi - had to put the car back together ready for work tomorrow - so not sorted Im afraid.

Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Shantal and thanks for getting in touch.

I have come to the conclusion that I now need to try a new switch and if that does not work to have the loom checked.

I am a pretty competent mechanic myself and hope to have a few ideas in the 15 mins I paid for - so guess closing the topic makes sense on this occassion.

Thanks ever so much for getting in touch, I did wonder what was happening ;-)

Cheers,

Andy

Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi Andy good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response I have just returned from holiday
Do you still require assistance with this heater control fault
Regards ***** *****
Brian