Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a st17O my car judders at high revs only when the

Customer Question

Hi I have a st17O my car judders at high revs only when the car is warm? I been advised to change a few things but I'm starting of with new coil pack and a fuel pump control module do u think any of these may solve my problem if not what is your opinion? The only other thing is I've recently heard is that the modules have to be coded to the car? Is this correct?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ,good evening to you and sorry for the delay I have just returned from holiday
do you still require assustance with this issue
Regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi sorry for my delay, yeas I still do need help with this issue
Hi there good evening to you
Ok what rev range for the fault happen 3000-5000(low torque feeling )
Is this only when driving hard
Is it a missfire or more just a loss of torque or is it a kanagroo jerking feeling as if it's holding back
Regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a kangaroo jerking back and forth in the 3000-5000 range only when I apply full gas if I press the gas pedal very slightly now and again this may not happen but if it does it won't be as violent as full throttle!
Hi there good evening to you
Ok The first check that should be done when we see this type of fault is the IMRC (Intake Manifold Runner Control
What we tend to see is low torque/power or hesitations between 3000 - 5000 rpm this can most commonly log DTC's P1518 / P1519 inthe PCM ( powertrain control module
the most common cause is a broken lever which connects the intake manifold and the intake manifold runner control (IMRC). Due to the broken lever the variable internal runners are without function.
When you start the engine up the IMRC on the side of the inlet manifold should be drawn forward by means of the IMRC control cable connection
If this lever is broken it can cause such an issue
If this is the case Then to rectify this concern it is not necessary to install a new intake manifold. A revised lever kit is avaiable and should be installed.
The ford part number of the revised kit is -(###) ###-####
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Any positive feedback /bonuses are greatly appreciated
Brian