Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

There I wonder if you could help, I have recently bought

Customer Question

Hi there I wonder if you could help,
I have recently bought a 14 plate S Max Titianium X sport . I have been having a play to get use to the car. And I have noticed that when I move the light switch to the first position ie side lights the lights come on the back of the car but no lights illuminate on the front of the car, the only thing that happens is the drls dimm slightly. Is this normal or does it have a fault , the chassis number is *****
. Thanks for your time . Also if it is a fault will it be covered under warranty?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ,good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response
Ok this is normal operation of the newer model ford vehicles with higher level headlight setup (fitted with day time running lamps )
They no longer have front side light bulbs therefore the daytime running lamps are the front side lights thus they dim slightly when you select the side lights on
I have had many customers return with this quiery due to the sales-person not informing them of this new setup
I hope this has put your mind at rest
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's brill thanks for the insight , there are bulbs to the inner most part of the headlights (middle of car) that don't come on at all . I have only tested while the vehicle is stationary and I first thought these where the sidelight bulbs ? Or are these likely to be ones that come on when the vehicle is turning like on the new seat Leon's?
Thanks again
Hi there Leon
Ok the bulbs you see will be the cornering lamps that illuminate at certain steering angles to aid lighting when going into a into a bend or corner
Kind regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I was just asking if the bulbs that don't seem to illuminate on my s max tit x sport are the same as the seat Leon lights . ( cornering) as I presumed these were the side lights that I orignially expected to come on . Thanks
Hi there john sorry about that just back from 2 weeks holiday today lol
the bulbs you see in the headlights will be the cornering lamps that illuminate at certain steering angles to aid lighting when going into a into a bend or corner
Kind regards ***** *****
Brian
I hope you will be completley satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
As customer satisfaction is priority
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience: SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for everything
Hi john
No worries if you ever need any future help or technical advice please let me know
Brian