Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

The electronic module warning light, stays on after car has

The electronic module warning light, stays on after car has started, my car is a fusion 03. done 44800 miles. it came on yesterday 19/06/15.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there good morning to you
Ok is this light you describe the engine managment light (small yellow/Amber engine symbol )
Does the vehicle run ok ie: no missfires or lack of power
Has any previous repairs been carried out recently ie missfire rectified
Or has this just happened out of the blue
Regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the car runs fine ,it just happened

Hi there thanks
Ok if it is just the engine management light that is on and there is no adverse driving conditions ie: running rough or miss firing then the fault will be most commonly down to a lazy /slow switching HEGO sensor (Oxygen sensor ) pre catalyst (green multiplug )
This controls the rich /lean switching of the fuel mixture
In some cases this fault can be resolved by having the pcm updated to the latest software level that allows further parameters to be seen before the engine management light illuminates
In other cases the sensor needs replaced
You need to have a diagnostic fault code check done on the PCM (ecu) to clarify exactly what code is logged ie: p0133 slow switching HEGO sensor
This light won't cause you any concern in the mean time as it's an emmissions related light
So you are ok to drive the vehicle as there is no driveability concerns until you can a fault code check done
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Brian