Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I've heard LPG installation in the Ford Focus 1.6 Duratec Vi-VTi

Customer Question

I've heard LPG installation in the Ford Focus 1.6 Duratec Vi-VTi (built Sept 2005) engine may cause problems.
We live in Poland and LPG conversions are very common and on guys told me it would be OK
What's your view on LPG and this engine ? Any particular advice (e.g I saw an article suggesting better spark plus) if it's generally OK to install.
Thanks in advance for any advice
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Shantal

I've still haven't had an answer from anyone else so I'm still waiting - whilst I'm online I saw an engineer online called Matt who it says is a Ford expert - maybe you could pass my query on to him ?

Looking forward to a reply

Rick

Hello Rick,
Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialties differ. We message that Professionals to see if they can assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Hello Rick,
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and a very warm Welcome..
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise you . Im sorry to see you have had a wait on your question.
To answer your question - yes, its fine to have an LPG conversion done on this motor / engine - and yes - as you say, a specific spark plug is suggested for an LPG equipped engine. In the NGK range which I recommend - the part number for that is TR5 B -13. .. but I do advise on double checking that as even as I type, updates can become available. The spark plug designated for good running of the LPG is fine with the petrol use too..
Other than that there is nothing really to report / suggest / advise - other than to say, keep on top of / up to date with the engine servicing once converted. Its true that engines that are not kept up to date with servicing etc, suffer more breakdowns / problems with the Lpg systems - so yes, a good tip is to keep on top of that - and you should have no problems at all ;)
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
-- Meantime, Please do do the rating for me at this time.. Thank you in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.