Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

The rev counter increases quickly to 3-4 and moving off is

The rev counter increases quickly to 3-4 and moving off is laboured. I worry going up and over a bridge as counter goes up to 4 and no speed increase.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ,good afternoon to you
Ok what engine size etc is in your c-max ie 1.8 petrol
What is the mileage
Is this fault intermitent or there all the time
Is the fault basically the revs are going /shooting up but the power of the vehicle doesn't match the revs
Regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Mileage 47000. 1.6

Yes the fault is basically the revs shoot up but the vehicle acceleration doesn't match from stand still and then on inclines it labours

Hi thanks
Ok the fault lies with a worn /slipping clutch disc thus why the revs shoot up but the drive is not matched
To resolve your issue you need to have a new clutch assembly fitted
The gearbox needs to be removed to do this
The job itself takes around 4 hours labour to complete plus parts
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that. CAN YOU TELL ME APPROX COST OF SUCH A JOB. WHEN DOES IT NEED DOING. I AM A PENSIONER AND AM WORRIED ABOUT THAT.

Hi there
Ok you will be looking at around £80 -100 for the clutch itself plus a minimum of 4 hours labour (depending on which garage does the job it will be between £40-£60 per hour + vat
This fault will continue to become worse Untill the clutch is slipping so badly it won't drive at all
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Brian
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience: SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE