Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Ford Mondeo 2.0 ltr diesel 2009 Ghia, showing yellow triangle

Ford Mondeo 2.0 ltr diesel 2009 Ghia, showing yellow triangle and multiple faults that will not start. showing engine Malfunction, Transmission Service required and Immobiliser Active.
I have put battery on charge and still nothing, what can I do please?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there good afternoon to you
Ok has this fault happened out of the blue
Or has the vehicle been standing / jump started
Regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Car has been standing for last three Weeks and is not used regularly , just happened today first time, but going on holiday tomorrow so panicking.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Fault just happened but car not used often and hasn't been used for last 3 weeks

Hi there thanks Ok in my experience of this issue I would susoect corrosion in the main engine loom Y joints The looms on the 2007-2009 2.0tdci mondeis were prone for corrosion in these areas This is caused by salt debris and standing water sitting under the insulation of these areas more common in vehicles that aren't used on a day to day basis (sitting long periods ) This fault can cause all sorts of electrical issues but most commonly the power wire to the PCM is the cause (corroded in the loom ) thus the PCM cannot communicate with the vehicles modules thus you get Immobilsor /engine systems failure faults I always carry out a network test to see if the PCM communicates with the diagnostic tester Most commonly the PCM will fail this test as it isn't being powered up correctly Next would be to strip the insulation /loom and find the corrosion in the loom This can take a few hours to strip /locate and repair the wiring also note that some wires may look visually ok but if you tug them gentley they will pull apart due to the corrosion under the insulationI have enclosed some images of the areas where the corrosion occurs and can run down further into the loom If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day Brian