Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a ford tourneo 8 seater GLX van 2005 which has a problem

Customer Question

i have a ford tourneo 8 seater GLX van 2005 which has a problem starting in first gear when engine is on and dropping down into first gear if it sticks its making a grinding noise. i have to turn it off select first then start it up im getting different reports from different garages what do I do.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response I have noticed this question is still open Do you still need assistance with this issue Is your issue the vehicke is crashing /difficult to select 1st gear ONLY. Is every other gear ok to select apart from first gear Does it grind /crash into first or does it block Does it go into 1st gear ok with engine off Regards ***** ***** Brian