Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a ford focus estate 2002 and recently the heater/blower

I have a ford focus estate 2002 and recently the heater/blower only works on level 2,3,4. It doesn't work on 1 - hasn't really been an issue until I decided to use the Aircon
When I turn on the A/C on level 1 the Aircon Light on the switch comes on but the blower doesn't work.When I switch to level 2,3,4 then the A/C light goes out and no Aircon at all?
Can you advise what this is and how to repair and cost etc
Neil
Hi there good morning to you
Ok the fault lies with a faulty heater resistor (rheostat )
This controls the variable earth to the blower motor
This is located on the passengers footwell (on the heater box ) with a 4 wire multiplug attached to it
It's held by 1 Phillips screw and only takes a few minutes to replace
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is this an easy fix to undertake without using a garage? How much would the part normally cost to buy?

Hi there Ok yes this is an easy fix the resistor is located in the heater box in passengers footwell and is held by 1 screw The price of the resistor is £26.34+ vat and the ford part number(###) ###-####Nearly all ford dealers will stick these resistors If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have ordered the part and I should have this on Wednesday - Provided this solves the problem then I will submit my rating and payment then if ok

Neil

Hi Neil
No worries
I look forward to your reply
As this is something I have seen a few times Iam confident it will resolve your issue
Kind regards ***** ***** a nice day
Brian