Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Sean how are you? i have a problem with my transit 2008. starter

Customer Question

HI sean how are you?
i have a problem with my transit 2008.
starter is turning over but engine will not start.
i have a fault code that fuel rail pressure sensor are faulty.
that can cause this problem?
thanks sean.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Sean,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi. i still looking fo the answer in this question,

thanks

Hello Sean,
Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialties differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello Sean and Welcome..
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help... Sorry to see you have had a wait with no response..
-- With this issue - as you state - yes, a faulty fuel pressure sensor can indeed cause a non start-
To explain, if the fuel pressure isn't up to spec, for whatever reason the injectors won't open and it wont start the engine then.
Even if its just the sensor thats faulty - telling the command module that the pressure is too low - the module stops the engine starting.
The other fault codes won't cause this - but I suspect these have been caused / created by working on the van / testing and continual cranking to try to start so I wouldn't worry about those.
So yes you need to sort the pressure sensor / issue and you should be ok then.
I would also suggest, have the fuel / system tested - not with fault code equipment thats not good enough- because the sensor might be giving a true reading even of low fuel for other reasons - it will pick it up as faulty sometimes that way.
You will likely need a mechanic with the equipment to come to you to run the tests or, a diesel specialist - but you do need someone with the correct equipment Sean to be sure.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
-- Meantime - Please do click on the Exc / Ok rating for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.