Mike
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

My Ford focus 2012 eco car engine has just stopped with service

My Ford focus 2012 eco car engine has just stopped with service maintenance or something on the dash and it won't start. It's only turned 3yr old. Surely this isn't right and Ford should do something about it?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome..
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise..
Im sorry to hear of your troubles with your Focus.
What your car needs is a plug in diagnostic test doing - thats the very first thing .. That will scan the computer Pcm - to find the fault thats causing this breakdown.
Quite why a mechanic would be deducing that as he has I really don't know... No one, not even I can say whats wrong with the car at this point without the results of fault code testing. There are hundreds of fault codes that the computer is capable of storing and that has to be done as a first move with anything like this - then you progress from there.
As regards ***** ***** will do as to costing, they may well be kind to you - do the work as a good will thing being its only just out of warranty .. while its out of warranty, you do still have your statutory rights - but I wouldn't think you will have any trouble there really.
Again - the first thing is to contact the local Ford dealer in the morning and get the test procedures organized to make progress from there -
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Ford Technician
Experience: Tech Expert