Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have dpf problems with my ford focus 1.6tdci.Can you adv

I have dpf problems with my ford focus 1.6tdci.Can you advise
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ,good evening to you
Ok what type of fault do you have or:limp home mode /no power
Red cog light on ?
Has a diagnostic fault code check been carried out if do what codes were logged
Regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Very sluggish for first 2-3 miles.Engine management light on constantly showing dpf fault.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
They haven't answered anything
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The engine management light is on constant and showing up the code for a dpf fault.I have torev up to 2000 revs to take off and for the first 2-3 miles is very sluggish then it is not too bad.I have taken it 40 -50 miles on the motorway in fourth year at 70 mph to try and regenerate the filter but this has not worked.Can you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

P2463 which is a dpf fault

Hi there thanks
Ok this dtc will not clear using the active regeneration procedure
Ok firstly I would check the readings from the DPF pressure sensor
For this you will need a digital multimeter
I would like you to test the DPF sensor reading (by back probing the wires /leave the multiplug connected
There is 3 wires on the sensor
Pin 1 - White/violet wire - signal out to PCM
Pin 2 -brown/white - earth
Pin 3 - yellow /Violet - 5 volt feed
Check the output signal voltage between pin 1 and ground
1- ignition on
2- idle
3 3000 rpm
Regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I only have a small obd2 reader, so to get the information you are speaking about, I would have to go to an expert and probably pay quite a bit.Do you think I should just replace it or do you have another way to fix it?

Hi there good morning to you
Ok the fault code p2463 is a blocked DPF
Thus the only way to resolve the issue is to test the sensor operation as the readings let us know if the DPF is really blocked or it's just the sensor telling the PCM that it is blocked
If the sensor tests out ok you will need to have a static regeneration done on the DPF to attempt to clear the soot that is built up inside the filter
There is no other way to resolve this issue
I wouldn't advise replacing any parts until the checks are carried out
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Brian
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience: SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE